Discovery Search Box
Databases in Discovery
Discovery searches the library's book/DVD catalog as well as these databases:
- Academic Search Complete
- Britannica Online
- Business Source Complete
- Communication and Mass Media Complete
- Credo Reference
- eBook Collection (EBSCO)
- eBook Reference Collection (Gale)*
- Education Source
- Food Science Source
- Infobase Literature eBooks*
- JStor Arts and Sciences I, II, IV, V, VII
- JStor Life Sciences
- Lexis-Nexis Academic (law reviews)
- Salem Press*
- Science Direct
- Wildlife and Ecology Studies Worldwide
*These e-books appear as "Krauskopf Library Catalog" items. To access these e-books from the results screen, click on a title and then click on the on- or off-campus link in the "URL" section.
What is Discovery? It's like Google!
Discovery is a tool that searches many DelVal databases simultaneously. This single-search option is a nice timesaver, and it often uncovers resources that you might otherwise have overlooked. Try it out! You'll get lots of results, so take advantage of the limit options on the left side of the results screen. Options include:
- Publication Date -- Choose a specific year or date range.
- Source Type -- Limit to academic journals, e-books, reviews, etc.
- Content Provider -- View results from individual databases.
NOT in Discovery
Discovery is a great research option, but it doesn't have everything. Be sure to explore other databases, too! All DelVal databases have advanced-search options and LOTS of subject-specific resources.
These databases are NOT included in Discovery searches:
- Access Science
- Agriculture Journals
- Birds of North America
- Columbia International Affairs Online (CIAO)
- CQ Press Public Affairs
- CQ Researcher
- Criminal Justice Periodicals
- Google Scholar
- JStor Language and Literature
- Mergent Archives
- Mergent Online
- Opposing Viewpoints
- Plant Management Network
- Project MUSE
- Reference USA
- Turfgrass Information File